St Annes Music is the Fylde's one-stop music business offering professional tuition, industry-standard recording and quality products. Feel free to call, email or pop in to discuss any requirements.
Opening times: Monday to Saturday
• Music Shop: 1030am till 4pm, Mon to Sat. Occasional bank holidays and sundays.
• Recording studio: 630pm onwards,
Mon - Sat. Sunday optional
- Guitar/Bass/Theory from 330 till 7, Mon to Sat
- Keyboard/Vox from 1 till 6, Tue and Fri only
- Drums 1 till 6, Mon and Thurs
Location: 20 The Crescent, FY81SZ, St Annes On The Sea, Lytham St Annes. Google Map
• A short walk from the sandy beach or the bus/train station.
• 1 hour free outside on the Crescent and unlimited free off-road out back (enquire instore or phone for access).
Member of: St Annes Chamber of Trade, Friends of St Annes Art Trail, Lytham St Annes Festival, Young Lancashire, Creative Lancashire
1. MUSIC SCHOOL
Lessons: Learn from experienced professionals.
• Guitar, Bass and Music Theory with proprietor Guy Pople
• Keyboard and Singing/Vocals with Jodie
• Drums with Jamie
Lessons are held in the comfortable and inspirational environment of a dedicated music studio. Individual or groups. All ages and abilities. £12.50 per half hour.
Workshops: Intensive 1hr group sessions (3 to 5 per group) focussed on the recording process in a working studio with professional equipment. Ideal top-up for music production students. School/college/youth group trips welcome.
ONLINE LEARNING AREA: If you cannot attend lessons in person or prefer to study independently, then you can enrol and study online. Currently the following courses are available:
Musical Theory for Guitarists: This multimedia learning tool written by Guy is designed primarily for self-taught players who are in search of the knowledge that underpins their playing. It is tailored specifically for the guitar and uses text, images, diagrams and tables to cover all aspects of theory from beginners to advanced. It has a foreword by legendary session guitarist Carl Verheyen. Click here to find out more.
2. RECORDING STUDIO
Underneath the shop is the recording studio which is equipped with separate live and control rooms. Access is via the rear entrance on Back North Crescent where there is parking area. Please call to make an appointment if you have a project ready to record.
Sessions: Record, edit, mix, produce and master your projects ready for release in a friendly, creative environment with musical support/assistance at all times. Visit the Facebook profile to see some of the St Annes Music clientelle. Microphones are setup ready to record. Quality instruments are available to use. Guaranteed industry-standard quality products in MP3, WAV, CD, DVD formats. Singles, EPs, Albums, beds and soundtracks prepared for manufacture. Guitar, bass, virtual instruments and songwriting assistance included. Additional session musicians for hire. Sound artistry service using virtual samples and those of Instruments, Nature and Foley. Digital release on ITunes, Spotify and Amazon. HD video recording of all sessions for video diaries.
The studio is equipped with quality professional gear, all of which is available for use as part of the £25 hourly rate.
• DAW: Mac Pro, Protools and Genelec monitors.
• Mics: AKG C414 condensor, SE R1 ribbons (matched pair) and various Shure dynamics (wd20 headset, sm58, beta52, sm57).
• Drums: Mapex Saturn shells, Zildjian K/Avedis cymbals, DDrum snare (signed by Dave Lombardo!), Iron Cobra double-bass/hihat pedals.
• Guitar: Bogner HD40, Line6 Vetta HD and Carvin Legacy valve-amp heads with Celestion-powered cabs.
• Keys: Tuned mini-grand acoustic piano plus 88 weighted-key midi keyboard hooked into Native Instruments with a wide range of industry-standard piano, orchestration and synth samples.
• Bass: Tonehammer DI and Trace Elliot 4x10 for the bass.
Instruments: A varied assortment of quality instruments for all genres. Pop by and have a look.
Accessories: Strings, sticks, straps, capos, slides, wax, tuners, picks, reeds, strap locks etc.
Printed materials: Songbooks, theory books, manuscript/tab paper
Restring, repairs & mods: Restringing, cleaning, tuning, fret dress & polish, nut shaping, touch-ups, pickup replacement, wiring, valve amp repairs.
Collectables: Limited edition vinyl, graphic novels, books, comics and t-shirts.
Sell your own: Display your gear in the shop for a commission.
Gift Vouchers: Available for redemption against lessons, recording time or products
Live Sound: Hire a professional sound engineer for your events. PA system optional.
Websites: Designed and built for bands and small businesses. Here is an example: Lytham St Annes Festival
Computer Workstations: Designed and built for home recording. Training sessions available.
Original Music: If you are interested in something a little different try a few tracks by Virtual Strangers
5. WHAT'S HAPPENING?